In the July 2013 issue of Allure magazine, Dr. Steven Teitelbaum and I discuss five key misconceptions that women considering a breast augmentation should think about before they go under the knife:
- Bigger is not always better! Going too large can produce uncorrectable deformities.
- There is no such thing as a true “cup size”. Bra cup and band size vary by manufacturer and style.
- There is no ideal breast size; you can’t look just like your friend. Multiple factors will determine which breast implants are the right size for you.
- The best incision is the one that will give the surgeon the best opportunity to place the implant without introducing bacteria. A well hidden scar under the breasts is recommended.
- Breast implants are not a substitute for a breast lift if a breast lift was really needed in the first place.